Home \ Tool Catalog \ Truck/Heavy Duty \ Heavy Duty Drivetrain and Suspension \ Item: AE4651M
AE4651MAUTOMATIC SLACK ADJUSTER RELEASE TOOL AND WRENCH
AE4651M AUTOMATIC SLACK ADJUSTER RELEASE TOOL AND WRENCH
Features & Benefits
- Used for adjusting automatic slack adjusters.
- Fork-end tool to release the tensioner button and a 5/16" double square offset reversible wrench with E-Z Grip handle
- Release the anti-reverse mechanism without prying.
- Apply more turning power with less fatigue to the hand
- AE7789M: 5/16" square offset-style ratchet box wrench works on the brake adjustment
- AE4655M: with special fork design, fits securely under the pull pawl, allowing for hands-free operation.
Return Policy *
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
* Applies to purchases made on matcotools.com only; see your Matco distributor for warranty or return information on purchases made elsewhere.
|Part #||Product Name||Qty in Set|
|AE4655M||SLACK ADJ RELEASE TOOL||1|
|AE7789M||5/16 IN SLACK ADJ WRENCH||1|
Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 7 reviewers.
Rated 3 out of 5 by stevenp does the job but can see many ways to improve It has its specific purpose but it hums up very often requires constant cleaning. if it was made into a sealed unit with a flex head locking tool it would be perfected. but overall good tool and get the job done. December 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by dollman0 Great Brake tool for the Professional Some of the guys laugh at me when I get a new specialty tool off the Matco Truck, but this one is awesome! You need to use a blow gun to get the grease out of the ratchet when you are done, it gets gummed up. Otherwise, this tool set makes easy work of adjusting the square drive slack adjusters, the release tool stays in place to free up your hands. December 23, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Prybar9821 Easy to use Tools are easy to identify, which makes for a seemless adjustment on the slack adjuster. You don't have to fumble with a screwdriver and box end wrench. The fork pawl tool holds in place which makes life a little easier. November 14, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Craig Great idea Nice and easy operation. Ratchet could use a upgrade. I have had a few replaced over the years because of the ratchet skipping. You have to keep the grear cleaned, should be sealed to keep the grease out. December 3, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by cpost562 Makes my job much easier The tool is great for the slack adjusters with the 5/16 square adjuster and is much easier than using a screw driver to open the release pin September 12, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by thunder87m A must have Great tool for the purpose. Price is high for a tool that only has one use and rarely gets uesd. September 13, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Craig Can't buy anywhere else! Matco is the only place I have seen this tool! Great slack adjuster tool. November 17, 2011
1-7 of 7