Home \ Tool Catalog \ Vehicle Service \ Wheel & Brake \ Brake Service Tools Sets & Kits \ Item: BPS401
BPS401"4 IN 1" BRAKE PAD SPREADER
BPS401 "4 IN 1" BRAKE PAD SPREADER
Features & Benefits
- Tool for both fixed and floating brake calipers.
- Fixed: Twin piston and Quad Piston, Floating: Single piston and Dual piston.
- Generates over 1600 ft. lbs. of force to retract the toughest caliper pistons.
- Single lever mechanism used to apply and release force for ease of operation and faster service.
- Insures parallel piston retraction on dual and quad piston calipers.
- Prevents damage to pistons, hubs or calipers.
- Easy left and right side use.
Return Policy *
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
* Applies to purchases made on matcotools.com only; see your Matco distributor for warranty or return information on purchases made elsewhere.
Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 9 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Eric Overall very quick and effective for retracting caliper pistons. I find this tool easier and safer to use than channel locks or a C clamp. All the techs that work next to me always want to borrow it because it does the job every time, no matter what size car or truck comes in. July 18, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Masterbeto1000 Works good on some calipers Hey there I bought this tool a few months back. It was working fine for the first couple of weeks. It starts loosing strength to push the Pistons in with the bleeder valve open. December 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jjcrafton26 Great tool for multiple piston calipers! this tool works great on all brakes, other then screw in piston style calipers.Tool has worked great in the past 6 months after I purchased this tool.I highly recomend this tool if you perform brake jobs often. October 14, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by netegrity Good tool except the weight If you work on brakes often, this will be the good tool to use. Very heavy duty, excellent quality. This only issue I have is w/ the release mechanism, it's a bit hard to release due to the 'push forward' trigger, it's also a very heavy tool. November 4, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by Punkin poor performance after a week of use with this tool i found the lever will start to have less bite and will not push those stubborn caliper pistons back in. I turn my first one back in,the second one did the same thing March 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by southernyankee easiest caliper spreader i was converted to this tool after one use. i was a die hard c-clamp user until i borrowed this and had to get one. Has made compressing caliper pistons quick and easy. November 18, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bigchill2k3 possibly the best compressor on the market The title says it all. This is the only do-all caliper compressor out. The functionality this puts in your toolbox is without competition, and the quality seems to be right in place. Great tool! December 14, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by rjs1515 Awesome I have always hated compressing quad piston calipers until I bought this tool. It makes everything alot easier. November 5, 2011