Home \ Tool Catalog \ Vehicle Service \ Fuel System \ Miscellaneous Fuel System Service Tools \ Item: MST5025
MST5025DEF Refractometer SCR and EPA 2010
MST5025 DEF Refractometer SCR and EPA 2010
Features & Benefits
- EPA regulations require all diesel engines manufactured on or after January 1, 2010 to meet lowered NOx emissions standards.
- Most heavy duty engine (Class 7-8 trucks) manufacturers, have chosen to utilize SCR. This Includes Detroit Diesel (DD13, DD15, and DD16 models), Cummins (ISX line), PACCAR, and Volvo/Mack..
- SCR-equipped engines require the periodic addition of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF, a urea solution) to enable the process. DEF is available in a bottle from most truck stops, and some have installed bulk DEF dispensers near the Diesel Fuel pumps. However,
- Easily and accurately monitor condition of Diesel Exhaust Fluid for peak engine performance
- Portable precision optical instrument used for measuring the diesel exhaust fluid concentration
Return Policy *
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
* Applies to purchases made on matcotools.com only; see your Matco distributor for warranty or return information on purchases made elsewhere.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1 reviewer.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Paccarmx13 Easy to see, easy to use For todays diesel techs this is a must have. I use mine quite often and it gives a clear reading every time. If you work on modern diesel engines. You NEED this! March 21, 2015
1-1 of 1