Home \ Tool Catalog \ Vehicle Service \ Steering & Suspension \ Ball Joint Service Tools \ Item: VPS6613
VPS6613VARIABLE PIN SPANNER WRENCH
VPS6613 VARIABLE PIN SPANNER WRENCH - Features & Benefits
- This universal design fits a variety types of pulleys having slots or holes, including camshaft pulleys and crankshaft pulleys.
- Wrench is adjustable from 1-1/4 inch to 5 inches.
- Works with a 1/2 inch drive ratchet or breaker bar.
- Includes 7 different size sets of pins all packaged in a convenient blow molded case.
- Replacement Parts: 526908-1.......3.5 mm pin 526908-2.......4 mm pin 526908-3.......4.5 mm pin 526908-4.......5 mm pin 526908-5.......6 mm pin 526908-6.......7 mm pin 526908-7.......10 mm pin 526908-8.......Handle Weight: 2 lbs
VARIABLE PIN SPANNER WRENCH 1 1
This product is not of a very good quality. I bought this wrench because it looked to have the most flexability as the pins are interchangeable and it being a Matco tool i figured it would be a good quality tool. The first time i used this tool I installed the correct size pins into the tool a snugged the pins up into the tool. Using a 1/2" ratchet I tried to remove the pulley and 1 of the pins ripped the threads right out of the tool. I did not over tighten the pins when I installed them only snugged them up and the force used trying to remove the pully was not enought to have caused the threads to rip out. It is a substandard and Matco should not sell this tool to anyone. I bought it on 9/11/2011 and didnot use it till 5/28/2012 so the 30 day return is not valid anymore. Matco will send me a replacement under the warranty but the tool is defective. Not to mention i had to go and purchase another tool to finish the job. May 31, 2012
1-1 of 1